Healthy Cats for Life
Cats are known to hide early signs of illness. When clinical signs become obvious, it is often too late for successful intervention. Thus, our goal for our feline patients is to vaccinate less frequently, and to emphasize yearly wellness check-ups. During wellness exams we check for dental disease, heart murmurs, weight changes, and tumors. In addition to a complete physical exam, blood and urine testing is recommended to discover metabolic problems not evident from the physical exam.
We also need your help to take part in our wellness campaign. Have you noticed any of the following?
- Inappropriate elimination behavior or litterbox use
- Changes in social interaction with family or pets
- Changes in activity
- Changes in sleeping habits
- Changes in food and/or water consumption
- Unexplained weight loss or gain
- Changes in grooming habits
- Signs of stress
- Bad breath
- Changes in vocalization
If you have noticed any of the above please call (617) 522-7877 or request an appointment online to discuss these issues with your veterinarian.
Remember: Your cat depends on you!